Let's hear it for the Brighton Hotelier Awards
The leaves are falling in their masses reminding me it’s time for my annual Autumnal blog about the Brighton & Hove Hotelier Awards.
I’m sure most major tourism destinations have Hotelier Associations, maybe not as long established as our own BHHA, but I’m pretty sure they don’t all host annual awards. And they really ought to.
- Awards raise standards – Submitting an entry helps hoteliers really think about their product offering, ”what make us special? What can we do differently to win an award next year?”
- They’re good for business – We all the know the value of good reviews. Awards are the same. Winners are welcome to display their awards and use them in their marketing. I’m sure this helps them secure even more guests.
- Encourages collaboration – The award evening is a great way for hoteliers to get to know each other and share tips about their business.
- Enhances the profile of our trade – Hoteliers have a vital role to play in one of Brighton’s biggest industries, tourism. The awards build our profile, giving us a larger role in the governance of the city.
- Most importantly, it’s a Great Night out! – After a busy summer, hoteliers definitely deserve the chance to let their hair down with their hard-working staff.
The Awards this year will be at The Grand Hotel on the November 15th. I’m delighted to say that Strawberry Fields was nominated for three categories; Warmest Welcome, Cleanliness and Property of the Year and has been shortlisted for the ‘Cleanliness’ award. On with the Marigold gloves for a thorough whizz through to make sure we are sparkling and spotless ready for our anonymous visit from the ‘hotel inspector’!
Wish us luck please.